Plastic Fittings / Sterile Connectors
ESI offers a wide range of plastic fittings and sterile connectors. These plastic tube to tube fittings allow (in)separable non sterile connections to be established between components of a transfer line in bioprocessing. After making the connection, the manifold can be sterilized. Sterile connectors provide quick and easy sterile connections, even in non-sterile environments, because they are gamma irradiated. This is an important feature for biopharmaceutical applications.
Important factors to consider when buying sterile connectors:
- Prevent leakage or limit the risk of contamination
- A connection between a tube and fitting must be reinforced with cable ties, barblocks or oetikers to get a stable leakproof connection.
- Our fittings have different styles of hose barbs, which make them very useful to get a better and more reliable connection with silicone and TPE tubing.
- Sterile connectors allow transfer of media with a limited risk of errors. Due to the robust and reliable performance, this is a good alternative to welding TPE or PVC tubes together, even in a non sterile environment.
- Chemical resistance:
- We have a complete range of tube to tube fitting made of different materials. For every kind of solvent/liquid we have the solution in a combination of sizes from 1/16″ (1.6mm) up to 1″(25.4mm) inner diameter.